Partnering with an Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) provider like IonicBlue is an idea that every corporate department can get behind – Finance, Operations, Facilities, IT, and, yes, even HR and Marketing. In this article, we’ll shed light on how Energy-as-a-Service benefits your budget, your people, and your commitment to social responsibility.
Financial Benefits of EaaS
As an IonicBlue partner, you choose which of our proposed energy-efficient solutions to implement and which to forego, table for the future, and aspire towards. The Energy-as-a-Service benefits you will see from a financial point of view include:
- Flexibility — We offer a variety of energy solutions, from tried-and-true methods to innovative technologies, enabling you to choose the best energy mix for your budget and goals.
- Agility — Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) facilitates the shift from capital expenditure (CAPEX) to operational expenditure (OPEX).
- Risk Transfer — At IonicBlue, we require no upfront capital costs from our customers. This means we assume all risk associated with your improved energy infrastructure, including construction, operations, maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and life cycle.
- Business Valuation Impact — Instead of investing in and maintaining costly infrastructure, you can reduce OPEX, increase earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA), refocus CAPEX, and enhance your exit valuation multiple.
- Savings — With improved energy efficiency comes increased energy savings. With EaaS, you pay for energy based on your actual usage; it’s a pay-as-you-go service expense.
- Predictability — IonicBlue contracts include fixed pricing and guaranteed service levels, providing you with predictable annual energy costs, the highest level of service quality standards, and reliable service.
- Flexible Tenor — Opt into terms that best suit your company. You can even consider buyout and early termination provisions.
Corporate Social Responsibility Benefits of EaaS
When you partner with IonicBlue, you can directly align – and perhaps fast track – your company’s environmental goals with your energy plan.
- Carbon Footprint — Renewable energy options, such as solar power, are included in your IonicBlue energy audit. Reducing your reliance on fossil fuels can help to decrease your company’s carbon footprint, showcase your commitment to green outcomes, and affirm your pledge to sustainability and social responsibility.
- Efficiency — Greater energy efficiency and less energy waste are major wins for your bottom line, your employee base, and your company’s CSR goals.
- Engagement — Progression toward your sustainability goals presents an opportunity for meaningful engagement with stakeholders, including employees, customers, and investors. Demonstrating your commitment to sustainable energy practices can enhance your company’s reputation and foster goodwill with key audiences.
Employee Benefits of EaaS
Energy solutions that yield notable positive changes for employees oftentimes translate to several benefits to both the employee and the employer, such as:
- Productivity — Modifications to the work environment can positively impact employee productivity. Shifts can be observed when significant changes are made, to the building envelope or to essential technology for example, as well as more moderate changes, such as to interior lighting and breakroom appliances.
- Satisfaction — Employee satisfaction and overall esprit de corps tends to see an uptick following facility upgrades and improvements — especially when workplace modifications correlate with employee feedback.
- Comfort — Some of the energy solutions made possible through a partnership with an EaaS provider create a more comfortable work environment for employees. It could be that an always-hot office is finally climate controlled, or that old, loud machinery is replaced by new, quieter equipment.
- Health & Safety — Every EaaS solution takes into account the important issue of employee health and safety. Upgrading infrastructure, introducing new tech, and implementing innovative processes can have tangible effects on employee health, safety, and well-being – which has a direct effect on productivity and satisfaction.
IonicBlue represents an elite partnership between Johnson Controls, a global leader in energy and infrastructure solutions, and Apollo Global Management, a prominent alternative asset manager. Together, we help our customers realize increased energy efficiency and greater energy savings and make bold strides toward decarbonization. We are revolutionizing how organizations create a more sustainable future, and the future is now.
We stand ready to help you turn commitments into results by offering:
- A revolutionary solution set
- A single source for all technology and engineering services
- Performance guarantees that assert proficiency and professionalism
- Adaptable financing with a high loan-to-value ratio
- Singular accountability for holistic project execution
Ready to learn about the Energy-as-a-Service benefits your company can achieve? Connect with Team IonicBlue